Montgomery County, Va. - An early morning fire totally destroyed a Montgomery County home this morning. Neighbors on Doubletree Lane in the Prices Fork area were awakened by the light of flames towering above the trees surrounding the 10 year old two-story log structure and called 911. Two of the home’s occupants were transported to the hospital to be checked out, and have since been released.
Marlin Harris, the owner of the home, watched from a neighbor’s home as members of the Blacksburg Volunteer Fire Department worked to cool down the smoldering ruins of his home, but despite his loss he managed to keep his sense of humor. “It burnt up,” he quipped when asked if anyone knew what happened.